My ellipse 10 has error messages.
Harriscats

My ellipse 10 has error launcher3 isn't responding do you want to close it?  Selecting wait gets you nowhere.  So you must select yes and out you go (same thing with chrome not working).  How do you fix launcher3 and chrome without going back to factory reset (which deletes all my paid downloads) when I also can't get on the internet?  I did get another ellipse 10 ... Thinking maybe stuff could be transferred?  Or maybe use it to make a thumb drive with a fix on it?  Help please!  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: My ellipse 10 has error messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Harriscats

You're in the right place for help. Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to your device? Let's try the steps below to eliminate this error message: 

1. Press the Apps menu button on your Android mobile phone device. It will display icons of all the apps installed on your mobile tablet.
  2. Press Settings.
  3. Press Apps. (Pressing on Apps button will list down all the apps installed on your tablet. 
  4. Browse the Apps list and press on the app called "Launcher 3". (Launcher 3 is an app and it will be listed in the App list whenever you access Settings > Apps in your android tablet).
  5. Pressing on the "Launcher 3" app will open the "App info screen" which will show some details pertaining to that app. On this App info screen, you will find buttons like "Force Stop", "Uninstall", "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" etc.
  6. Press "Clear Cache".
  7. Restart the tablet and its done. All the home screens along with app shortcuts will appear again and your mobile phone is at your service again.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My ellipse 10 has error messages.
Harriscats

There is no launcher 3 in the app list.  So I got Facebook to open and I opened another window.  Googled "download launcher 3", I clicked apk mirror and started to download but it said it could hurt my device so I stopped.  Since it looks like I have no launcher, should I download one, and if so which one?  Help please!

0 Likes