My ellipsis 10 keeps shutting down...
ARLDIE77
Enthusiast - Level 2

My ellipsis 10 shuts down multiple times.  Then it takes between 10 and 20 minutes to optimize apps.  I sent it in once and it was returned unchanged with a note saying NOT to contact them about this issue .I then went in to a Verizon store where I showed them my issues, shut down black margins in my Gmail , flashing black rectangles in my overdrive app.  I was assured that they would send me a new tablet .Nothing happened.  I spoke to a tech rep, who shall remain nameless, she assured me my tablet was fine. It was the apps that had issues.

My experience to date with verVeri and the ellipsis 10 is a zero .

Re: My ellipsis 10 keeps shutting down...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ARLDIE77, I apologize for the lack of proper resolution with your Ellipsis 10 tablet and power issues. I can only imagine having to put up with the issues alone and hoping that it powers up normally. I appreciate the details over the symptoms with your tablet and your efforts to correct this thus far. I am committed to ensuring we address this matter for you as soon as possible and replacing the tablet if needed. 

I regret to hear about the lack of confidence and want to turn your experience around. I have personally sent you a Direct Message so I may follow up with you at your convenience and we can work towards a resolution together. Thank you!

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARLDIE77
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have done NOTHING to rectify the problem except to say you are sorry

for the situation. I have followed this issue on the comments of Verizon.

I am not alone in this situation.

My tablet today shut down 6 (six) times and took three times each time to

reboot. Then it optimized my apps each reboot for in excess of 15 minutes.

What are you willing to do about a tablet that doesn't work reliably?

Arldie77

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018, 6:54 PM vzw_customer_support <

Citori
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just want to express my sincere agreement!  The tablet is junk, Verizon knows it and refuses to do anything about it.  Good Luck. 

You'd think with all the money we pay each month for phones and plans that Verizon would  let us out of the Ellipsis "contract" early, but they won't.  At least when I asked, the rep said "no"  I was so mad, I just hung up the phone instead of saying what I thought which wasn't nice. 

0 Likes
ARLDIE77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your input. It gives me fuel for my fight about the tablet.

0 Likes
JAMWAH81

I too am having same issues with my ellipsis 10. Purchased in March 2018, problems started about

month or so ago. Seems to be getting worse.

I was thinking about taking it back to store. But after reading these posts sounds like that

will be fruitless, an frustrating.  So I will just  spread the work Verizon ellipsis is a piece of junk

don't  buy it.

0 Likes
CSLATHAM2004

Was anything ever resolved?  It seems to be happening to all of us . My first one worked great . I dropped it and the replacement has this issue . I have to keep it plugged in to be able to use it. 

0 Likes