My scandisk 32gb memory is not being saved to..
snsver

My scandisk 32gb memory is not being saved to..?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My scandisk 32gb memory is not being saved to..
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apps do not install to the card, they install to the device.  In order to utilize the SD card, you need to specifically save photos, music, etc to the card to free up app space on the phone.

Use a file manager app, or link to your computer via a USB cable.  MOVE files from the device to the card  - files in your DCIM folder (photos and videos) and music.  Go into your Music app, and your camera, and set the save location to the SD card.  Some apps may allow you to save the app data to the SD card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are you trying to save to the SD card?  Apps will not install to the card - data  from each app can be configured to save to the card, but you need to go into the settings for each app to do this.

Music, photos, videos can all be saved to the card; you may have to do it manually in some cases.  Are you using a File Manager app?  That's the best way to manage what is on the SD card.

0 Likes
snsver

It tells me I don't have much of my 16gb left but I have a 32gb sd card where it is not being used. It's not using the SD card at all. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snsver,

Thanks for visiting us on the community forums! We'll be happy to offer you support to make sure your Verizon Wireless experience is a great one. What are you trying to save to your phone's memory card? As SuzyQ mentioned, not all file types can be saved to a memory card on your phone. Keep us posted.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
snsver

I'm not saving any thing to my 32 gb chip. It tells me I can't put anymore apps on my tablet with 16 gb of storage.  Why doesn't it put the apps on my 32gb chip instead?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apps do not install to the card, they install to the device.  In order to utilize the SD card, you need to specifically save photos, music, etc to the card to free up app space on the phone.

Use a file manager app, or link to your computer via a USB cable.  MOVE files from the device to the card  - files in your DCIM folder (photos and videos) and music.  Go into your Music app, and your camera, and set the save location to the SD card.  Some apps may allow you to save the app data to the SD card.

0 Likes
snsver

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes