Re: My tablet keeps shutting down while using it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ELIWEL64,

We know how important is to have properly working tablets. It is concerning to see the same thing is occurring on two different Ellipsis's. Allow me to clarify about Safe Mode. When you put a device in Safe Mode this will determine if a third party app is causing the issues. This will, though, temporarily disable apps installed from the Play Store. By chance do you see your device still shutting down while in safe mode? Even when the battery level is hitting 60%?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nuke0955
Enthusiast - Level 2

Include me. I also have (and have posted about) this problem.  I find it

hard to believe with so many folks experiencing this problem that Verizon

hasn't offered more support.

Rick

0 Likes
ELIWEL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Considering it only does this when I am using apps from the Play Store and

those are disabled with Safe Mode, I can't tell you if it shuts off or not

because I there is nothing left to use the tablet for to make it shut down.

Make sense?

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:28 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eliwe64, yes it definitely makes sense if it happens when the applications are running. It's important that we get to the bottom of your tablet shutting down when the battery percentage is low. I have sent you a private message to get some more details from you regarding this issue. 

Katrina_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tora06

My tablet does the same thing. If the battery gets around 45% it starts to just shut off. When I turn it back on it says the apps are optimizing (10-15 minutes). I sent it in for service and it was sent back the same day saying there was nothing wrong (to be fair I believe the response was that it didn't duplicate the problem or something to that effect). Same problem continues and I plug the charger in and it will boot. And yes, OEM charger and no, no water damage or anything like that. This thread seems to show a particular pattern, don't you think?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Tora06 Having a good working tablet is important. Let's take a closer look to see what's going on. When did this begin? Have you made any changes to your tablet? Please share details so we can help.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELIWEL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not made any changes except to delete apps on the advice of a sales

person at Verizon. I have tried safe mode but it only deactivates all the

apps that I use when it shuts down so that was useless. I'm using the

charger that came with it and it has no damage. My husband's tablet does

the same thing and from what I'm seeing on this thread this is an issue

with most all of these tablets. The issue began a month or so ago, as long

as it's plugged in or the battery is above 65% it works fine.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 3:31 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Nuke0955
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. My tablet first starting acting up when the battery would get to about

65%, then it would be nearly impossible to restart and keep using unless it

was plugged in. Lately, it does this at about 85%. I did a factory reset

and no change, even before reloading apps. I've considered changing

carriers due to Verizon's lack of concern. All we seem to get is lip

service. Good luck.

Rick

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ELIWEL64-

We appreciate all of those additional details. I have sent you a message to your community inbox so we can keep at this. Please respond there so we can provide more personalized support.

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes
Tora06

I started having the issue roughly one month after getting the tablet. I have not made any changes to the tablet or software other than the update that was available. The tablet just shut down about 20 minutes ago at 45% battery and i tried to restart but it starting optimizing the apps and after waiting for that process to complete the tablet shut down again. I put the charger on and restarted and it started optimizing again and after completing the process with the charger on the tablet booted up. I am typing this response on the tablet with the charger. I have reset the tablet, I have started it in safe mode all with your tech support and it does the same thing again and again. I sent the tablet in  for repair and it was sent back on the same day with a note saying it didn't show problems for your tech people.

This is terribly annoying.

0 Likes