Not enough processing power?
jobeth09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got this tablet for the purpose of my kids being able to play abcmouse.com...but when I try to login to that account on my new ellipsis 7, the website says this device does not have enough processing power to use the website.  Can I get something done to the tablet so that it has the ability to access abcmouse.com? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not enough processing power?
jobeth09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. My girls also use zoodles and love it!  I went to the verizon store and by exploring, the guy found a settings button that we have to click to work on the desktop because it thinks it was on a mobile phone, not a tablet. So I'm happy to say it works as of today! Yay!

Tiffany

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Very doubtful. The tablet is not high end. Unlike iPads or Nexus tablets.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look into Zoodles Kid Mode: Free Games + Lock - Android Apps on Google Play

I use it on my Samsung Galaxy 2 7" wifi only tablet for my grandkids - the specs on the Galaxy and the Ellipsis are similar.  The app is free and has lots and lots of games, videos, and other stuff for kids, and you need to enter a passcode to get out of Kid Mode, so I can let them play within kid mode all they want without them getting into other stuff on my tablet.  They love it - in fact, yesterday, when they came to visit, my grandson had barely said hello before "I want to play Zoodles on your tablet"!

0 Likes
jobeth09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. My girls also use zoodles and love it!  I went to the verizon store and by exploring, the guy found a settings button that we have to click to work on the desktop because it thinks it was on a mobile phone, not a tablet. So I'm happy to say it works as of today! Yay!

Tiffany

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

HI

Thank you for sharing your experience!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

In case it is helpful to other users, jobeth09 is referring to the settings that can be changed in the Ellipsis 7's Chrome browser. When you are visiting a website that has a PC and a mobile site, click on the three squares to the right of the URL window and then check or un-check the box next to "Request desktop...." to switch between mobile and PC versions of the site.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the clarification and advice Carol -some sites are able to automatically detect the size of the viewport and adjust the content accordingly; other sites have not been written "responsively" and have a desktop and a mobile version you can switch between - and some older sites are what they are - one static version.

Glad you got it sorted, jobeth09!

0 Likes
emf958

I just got one and it is a (removed)! Even for FREE it is not worth it!

Won't even stay connected to my WiFi for more than 30 seconds!

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes