Optimizing app??
DONSEM88
Enthusiast - Level 1

A couple of days ago my Ellipsis changed the way it starts up. Now every time I use it a box pops up saying "optimizing app xx of XXX".  It takes over 20 minutes for this function to run and sometimes it just starts all over again without letting me use the tablet.  It never did this before and I've had the tablet over 4 years.  I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Re: Optimizing app??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONSEM88, we always want to ensure that your device is functioning properly and that you have access to using your device without any delays. We’re happy to help get to the bottom of this and we’d like to ask a few questions to better assist. Can you please confirm the model and current software version of your device? You can find this information by going into Settings > About Tablet, and then looking for the “Model number” and “Software version” please. Additionally, can you tell us if there were any recent changes to the device, such as new software updates, new application downloads, or application updates, at the time that you noticed this started to occur?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SOITAINLY

This is happening to my Ellipsis 8 also. Takes upwards of 45 minutes to boot up and frequently reboots while charging.

QTAQZ3

QZ3_31F46

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how frustrating it is when a device takes too long to boot up, SOITAINLY. I used to have a desktop computer that ran Windows ME. We want to make sure that your device performs the way you need it to. Do you know if the Ellipsis 8 is running the latest software version? How much free space do you have in the internal storage? If you boot up the tablet in safe mode, does it take less time to come online? You can view instructions for powering up your Ellipsis 8 in Safe Mode by following this link: http://spr.ly/6581DXjVP. Please let us know if the device powers up faster in Safe Mode, and whether it reboots while charging on Safe Mode.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!