Poor wifi connectivity on Ellipsis 8
ADJIL12

My Ellipsis 8 consistently has a terrible wifi connection. A speed test shows less than 1 mbps, while other devices on the same wifi network show over 40 mbps. What could be preventing Ellipsis from full connectivity?

0 Likes
Re: Poor wifi connectivity on Ellipsis 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is important to us that you are able to enjoy the tablet over your wifi connection and I am glad to help.

When did this first begin happening? Does this happen in every area or does the signal improve when you are closer to the router? Have you downloaded any new apps or software updates recently? Please provide a few additional details and we will be sure to get to work on this for you.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Poor wifi connectivity on Ellipsis 8
ADJIL12

This is a new tablet (about 2 weeks) and I've had this problem from the start. There have been brief instances where I get a good connection, but mostly it is very poor. The circumstances have been the same - sitting about 10 feet from my router, and my other devices show good connections. I did a factory reset to see if that would improve conditions, but it did not. I have only added a few apps since the reset, and updated all the system apps, and have plenty of storage available.

0 Likes