Problems with update
Garythomas56

Recent mandatory update has caused all of my downloaded files to disappear as well all of my "Keep" notes are gone. The memory though has all of the space used by the files still in it...when i try to re download the pop up "would you like to replace this file" appears. Last, now the tablet responds MUCH slower. What is going on??

0 Likes
Re: Problems with update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garythomas56 - That definitely is an odd occurrence. We want to help you get to the bottom of those disappearing files so that you can view them again. We just need a few more details first. Were the unviewable files stored on the internal memory or on a removable SD card? Also, how do you normally view those files on your tablet (for example, are you using a 3rd party file management system from the play store or something else)?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Garythomas56

EbonyR

Thanks for your reply. I see actually that there are major are major issues with this past system update, I notice that both on the community forum and I've gone into a Verizon wireless store and they confirm as much.

My files are on my hard drive. I accessed them through the "Downloads" app, that was originally installed on my tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garythomas56,

Getting your device back on the right track is the goal.  Tablets have become our dependable communication gadget.  When did you download the software?  Is the trouble only with the files?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Garythomas56

Thank you for your message. The update was on April 1st.

The tablet has issues with the files mentioned, is slow to operate and

issues with other apps like maps, both freezing and horribly misbehaving.

Please respond with what can be done ASAP!

Gary

On Apr 15, 2016 6:12 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garythomas56,

We want to make sure that we can help locate your files and also get your backs to operate smoothly. When you go into your “Drive” application is your Gmail accounted still signed in? Let’s clear out you’re the Cache on all applications that are slow to start up and/or having issues working after the date. Here is the link for steps on how to complete and keep us posted. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-120420/

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes