Random alarm sound occasionally on my tablet.
loatley

Why do I get a random alarm sound occasionally on my tablet? It has happened twice now and I can't turn it off any where. It sounds like it might be an alarm of some sort, but I have no idea what it is. Very annoying. I have checked to be sure the alarm on the clock is not set.

0 Likes
Re: Random alarm sound occasionally on my tablet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loatley, I imagine that to be extremely annoying. We will work together to solve this mystery. What’s the make/model of the tablet? What has changed recently (software/applications)?
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
loatley

Verizon Ellipsis 7, maybe 8. Not sure where to find that info. Model number QTAQZ3

I have not added anything to it recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loatley,

Let's get that alarm to stop once and for all. When did this first start for you? Do you have any third party applications that may have an alarm or alert options?
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
loatley

No, I hadn't added anything new. It had never happened before and now has happened twice while my tablet was charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's solve this mystery, loatley. As the sound comes on, what does the tablet show on the screen? Anything in the notifications? My own tablet will make a noise when the charger is plugged in, and another when fully charged (complete with notificiation icons). I have an alarm set on my phone, and it will show in notifications when going off as well.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
loatley

I don't think any notifications were showing. I'll have to pay attention next time it happens. The screen didn't show anything except my normal screen.  Is it possible that it would be the phone ringing? I have never used the tablet as a phone, although I know there is a number attached to it. I wouldn't even know where to look for that.

My device is an Ellipsis 8 (not 7 like I thought).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this. Did you install a calling application on your device?

When the notoification goes off does it give you an option to select it and silence it?
NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes