Re: Why does my Ellipsis 10 tablet shut off randomly?
chiseler

i dont know which elipsis i have but the software version is ir7 20c63

Labels (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chiseler, we always want to make sure that you can use your phone without any issues. Has the device been damaged at any point in time? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
chiseler

it's a tablet, and no it began doing this a few weeks after i bought it.  never damaged and it's the same problem everyone else seems to be having

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are going to get to the bottom of this ASAP.  What changes were made around the time this started (if any, such as updates, new apps, etc.)?  Have you noticed any patterns regarding when it shuts off?  How often is this happening and does the battery seem to be impacting it in any way?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
nls3327
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 of these tablets and they began doing this randomly within weeks after purchase but it wasn't as frequent as it has become since last update. I tried the go to settings then security,  power button instantly locks but that is not a setting available in my tablets. It has become very frustrating especially when streaming and using our data then having to restart the tablet and start program back at the beginning.  Please help get this corrected.for all of your Ellipsis users!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your device service concerns are our concerns, too, and we're here to help you in any way we can. Hearing that your two Ellipsis 10 tablets are both randomly powering off is very unusual, and I'd be disappointed too if I were experiencing this issue. I apologize for your inconvenience. Let's work together to get this resolved. We've noted your reference that this started happening within weeks of the purchase for both tablets, and we thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've already completed. Let's dig deeper into this matter. Have there been any recent changes with your Ellipsis 10 tablets? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both?RobertC_VZW

0 Likes