Rebooting if wifi connected
Papaer
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a replacement Elipsis 8 after twice returning the original for repair. No repair either time so they sent me a replacement. It does the same thing, reboots constantly if wifi is turned on. I have narrowed it down to this and it is working now on 4G but that is not ideal. I noted that the elipsis 8 has had reboot issues (internet search results) since 2015 or earlier. Is there a solution or is this tablet just a problem child?

0 Likes
Re: Rebooting if wifi connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve our best, papaer. I can tell you’ve put a lot of work into getting this to work, and I thank you for reaching out. Apologies up front that we may be treading territory that you’ve already been through. We just want this to get back to normal too. What happens when Safe Mode is enable?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-164484/ Do you experience the rebooting on Wi-Fi in safe mode?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Papaer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not know what the service center tried but I have tried everything I can find on the Verizon site and the internet. I know my network is working correctly because we have up to 18 devices hitting the network daily without error. I am now considering substituting another device or chalking up the $10 per month as the cost of an education in deals too good to be true.

FLORIDAKEYSMIKE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has pawned these worthless tablets on unsuspecting customers to bolster their monthly bottom line, knowing that they have the performance equivalence of 12-15 year old equipment, so the network would definitely not be taxed by their addition to the pool. Its bad enough that their authorized retailers flat out lie to make sales, then hide behind Verizon policies when called on it, but I have NEVER been able to use this piece of junk for anything other than a (not so) quick check of the weather on wifi, as the 4G connectivity is worthless...  Stay away if you haven't already been suckered in...

0 Likes