Removing apps.
Collpav

Can useless preinstalled apps be removed from the Elispe 8 tablet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing apps.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled, they can only be disabled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled, they can only be disabled.

0 Likes
Collpav

Will disabling them free up space, or cause the tablet to not work right.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disabled apps still take up memory.  The disabled apps shouldn't cause issues with the tablet working correctly but if something seems amiss, you can always enable apps that have been disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Collpav,

Help is here! We want to make sure that you have all the tools in your tool belt when it comes to apps on the tablet. Tikibar1, has provided you with some great information. Any pre-installed app cannot be removed. However, you will be able to disable them as mentioned. I see you’re asking if it will free up memory by disabling them. Are you currently having any space issues? If so, can you explain what is going on?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Collpav

I have only 17% space on the tablet. This is after I deleted some of the

apps I downloaded. The pre-installed apps take up most of the space.

Most of them are never going to be used.

Thanks.

On Mar 22, 2017 4:40 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a lot of photos/videos/music/documents on the tablet?  If so, install an SD card (the tablet supports up to a 32 GB micro SD card), then download a file manager app from the Play Store and move those files from the tablet's internal storage to the SD card.

0 Likes
Collpav

I have a few documents, no pictures, videos, or music. We just added a SD

card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure that you are able to maximize your storage, Collpav and we appreciate you working with us.

I have included details on how to transfer internal storage to the SD card here http://vz.to/2mCoT9n Please reach back out to us for any other questions or concerns and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!