Screen frozen in striped pattern, cannot access menus or apps.
gabrielized

I got the Ellipsis 8 a week ago, and yesterday the screen froze in a striped color pattern that will not go away even if it's turned off. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Screen frozen in striped pattern, cannot access menus or apps.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gabrielized,

That is definitely odd and we want to make sure your tablet is working as it should. Since this has started have there been any other changes to it such as new apps, app updates, software updates or even damage? To be sure, are you powering the device off completely by pressing the power button and selecting the "Power Off" button?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gabrielized

I was using the power off button. I took it to the Verizon store, and wanted to return it and get that second line off my bill. They insisted that I must have done something to break the screen. I did not . Instead they gave me names of local repair shops.  They told me if they tried to take it in under warranty and it was determined I damaged it,I would be billed  the full retail price.

I had this tablet 6 days before this happened. I was just trying to go from email to a Web link, clicked on the link, and this happened.

So I do not trust Verizon to be honorable about this.  What recourse do I have now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to feel confident about our products and services Gabrielized. I also have an Ellipsis tablet and it is alarming to hear that you had issues with it shortly after your purchase.  We always stand by our products and are ready to help repair or replace all devices that are under warranty.  If the device is found to have any damage, it is deemed no longer under warranty.  We do apologize for this inconvenience.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gabrielized

I was told I had to get it fixed by geek squad at my cost. Can't I send it to you for repair?

0 Likes