Screen jump
dawcary
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else had a problem with the screen jumping to and from previous pages in chrome. It will go forever if I don't interrupt it.  Also a problem with the google search bar. Goes to the search page. Then I hit home icon-goes to home page for a few seconds-then immediately back to the search page. Would go forever if I didn't shut screen down or power off . Have reset the tablet-but problem still persists. Very frustrating. Would like to throw it against the wall. Sorry I ever got the tablet but would be down over $200 if I return it plus they won't let me go back to my previous plan.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen jump
Restemayer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have both a case and a screen protector.  I've had it for less than 3 days and it started on day 1. It hasn't been dropped and has no obvious physical damage that would cause it. Its intermittent too. Right at this moment its fine, but it'll randomly start. When it starts having "fits" the only thing I've found that stops it, at least temporarily, is to close the case cover to turn the screen off.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Short of having Vzw replace it under warranty, I haven't heard many good things about the Elipsis tablets.  I'd say try another browser.  That is, if you want to.

0 Likes
Restemayer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!  I've had the same problem and I've identified where the issue is. Its a problem with the touch screen.  Its registering phantom taps along the top edge of the screen. It changes tabs in browser... Opens the google search... And activates buttons along the top of the screen in apps.  I can have the damn thing sitting on a table with nobody touching it and it will sit there happily flipping through pages in one of my apps all on its own.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

We don't want your tablet to be quirky Restemayer!  Do you have a screen protector on the tablet? Do you have a case on the tablet? Please try to put on safe mode http://vz.to/15V0dLr to see if it is possibly a 3rd party application and share details.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Restemayer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have both a case and a screen protector.  I've had it for less than 3 days and it started on day 1. It hasn't been dropped and has no obvious physical damage that would cause it. Its intermittent too. Right at this moment its fine, but it'll randomly start. When it starts having "fits" the only thing I've found that stops it, at least temporarily, is to close the case cover to turn the screen off.

0 Likes
dawcary
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I started the discussion I have the problem also. I don't have a case or screen protector that would interfere with the tablet . It is not a 3rd party app that I have added. I reset the tablet and the problem still persists with no added apps (just the basic op system that Verizon has chosen). Also-this is random. Sometimes it will work fine.

trex2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem also.  It just started after two months.  I called tech support and they had me reset it.  After about a day it started again.  If I shut it down and restart it it works for a few minutes or hours but starts again.  I have a case and screen protector.  I just cleaned the screen and it seems o.k. right now.  I'll post back if I keep cleaning it if that will prevent it from happening.

0 Likes
viking_man

I have exactly the same problem.  My ellipse 8 is only 2 days old, and a ghost gets a hold of it, and I can watch it for hours as it randomly executes apps, taps, keyboard, etc.  No case on, no extra apps on and running except google search....what can I do.....I don't know yet

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It sounds like the screen can become too sensitive at times.

The touch firmware is designed to recalibrate the screen if you toggle the power key. Closing a case as Restemayer describes should also resolve the issue as this will also place the device on standby and then awakening the device again will trigger the recalibration.

Please continue to share your feedback.

trex2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This doesn't work for me.  If everyone having this problem sends it in under warranty for repair perhaps this would get someone's attention.  It seems if there was a setting for screen sensitivity we could adjust that until it is no longer a problem.