Re: Screen jump
Matt6224
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not one to normally badmouth a product or a producer, but whoever is responsible for the design of this tablet should definitely not be employed by the world's largest mobile carrier. I have quite a bit of experience with many different tablets/notebooks. The ellipses 8 is an extremely poor excuse for a tablet. Yes I have dealt with all the issues list regarding this device. I've been to 3 different Verizon locations asking for help with the screen jump issue. The only resolution has been to return the tablet for another or get your money back. I know most of us ellipses 8 owners added this device to our collection during recent sales events such as black Friday because it was basically given to us. I can see why they gave it way, because no one in their right mind would or should have to pay for it. There is no cure for the screen jump. I currently use my ellipses 8 as a coaster.

dlevitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was contacted by customer support and it appears that they want to get these issues resolved.  I was able to send them a video of what was happening to the tablet when it became possessed.  They will be replacing my current tablet with a new one and hopefully, the demons will be gone.

I've learned my lesson - never commit to a 2 year contract with an "unproven product".  Thanks to this thread, this situation has gotten noticed and Verizon is trying very hard to make things right.  They get credit for that in my book...

dlevitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got my replacement tablet yesterday.  This time I think that they may have given me a new one although the memo said that they replaced the motherboard and battery and screen.

I've used it for a day with no issues.  Hopefully the demons are gone.

I had received emails from Carol at Verizon.  She was very helpful in getting this defect the proper attention.  Thank you if you read this.

yhenry

This is happening to me within two weeks. Returned and got it replaced. Holding my breath on second one. It is not the browser. I believe it is hardware defect. Also has Apple Air and Samsung Tab Pro 8. Had Dell 7 before. I like the form factor of this one best that is why I still kept it. Hopefully it will last.

0 Likes
rigger42

I have been complaining about this since December and even sent it in and was told they can't recreate the problem.  I'm talking to a tech in another thread and hoping something is eventually resolved and I get credit for the monthly charge on a device I can't use.

Re: ellipsis screen runs on its own is the other discussion

0 Likes
dlevitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Carol at Verizon was helpful.  She has been on this thread and is aware of the problem.   I even was able to send her a video of what was happening since it was in intermittent problem.  I believe that they replaced my screen, motherboard and battery.  So far after a few weeks, it has been working.

If you do send it in again, make sure that you reference "Screen Jump".  They'll make it right.  Unfortunately, their repair process for tablets basically SUCKS!.  It's not like a phone where they overnight you a new one.  It takes about 2 weeks for them to send you a box, to send it back, for them to fix it and then eventually send it back.

0 Likes
gully345

I have the same screen jump problem. Talked to tech support and the say they have never heard of this problem. I have sent my back two times and comes back no problems found. I is very slow hand freezes up all time. Words with a 64gig SD card .if someone wants it they can have it by taking over contract

0 Likes
GHBG35

Did Carroll with Verizon suggest anything but sending it i?. I have tried everything.

0 Likes
dlevitt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, the solution was to send it in for repair.  <<Comment edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Try and reach out to carol via email or via this message board.  She was able to document my account to address the issue.  They basically replaced all of the components such as battery, motherboard and screen.

I was able to email a video of the screen jump so that they could see the problem.  For what it's worth, I haven't had any issues since the repair.  Also their repair process is terrible.  It took about 2 weeks to send my tablet in, have them repair it and send it back via ground shipping.

0 Likes
cbogart64

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I have been dealing with these same issues since December after getting it on Black Friday. I have taken it to the same Verizon store where I first got it. I took video but they had no way to send it to tech support. They had me send it in for repair. After 2 weeks I finally got it back with a note that said they replaced the motherboard and that they couldn't replicate the problem. Within days it was doing its ghostly jumping and I took another video. I took it back to the store again. This time I sent it again to have it repaired or replaced. They had it nearly a month and all I got was the same one again with a note that they couldn't replicate the problem and that they couldn't do anything for me! I was furious so I went into the store and threw it down on the counter and told them how disgusted I was. They managed to give me a new one right then. Unfortunately my new does the same thing, just not as much as the old one...yet! I'm so disgusted with Verizon right now that I could spit nails! What do I do now? And the best part is that I bought 4 of these things...1 for each member of the family...and they all have the same issues! UGH!

0 Likes