Screen rotation problems
alarman

Awhile back the screen went black and had a foreign language in the corner, after that the screen will not rotate correctly sometimes you have to rotate over and over to get the orientation I want. Help

0 Likes
Re: Screen rotation problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very strange, alarman. What steps did you end up taking to get the phone to return from that black screen with the foreign language? Do you notice any pattern to when the orientation change issue occurs?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alarman

This is a pad and I sent it back to Verizon and they said there nothing wrong with it. If that's the case why do I have to turn it over and over to get the correct orientation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alarman, this is concerning to hear! Have you performed any troubleshooting, outside of sending it in? I want to make sure that we avoid any steps that you might have attempted.

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alarman

I did a factory reset twice and then it goes through the set up just fine. so unless there is some secret to programming not sure what can be done. Like I said before when the screen went blank and the lettering and numbers showed up in Chinese and I tried to get the screen back it appeared they are some type of settings and that may have been when the setting got changed. So if that is the case how do we get it back to the correct setting?

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@alarman we want your device to work all the time for you. Let's keep working on this. What software version are you using (settings-general-about)? Have you tried placing the device in recovery mode http://apple.co/1fXobe9.
AdrienneP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alarman

Model QMV7BAndroid version 4.4.2Baseband version V2.29.000z1 (ALT3100 04 05 06 12 B5 TFKernal version 3.4.67wormboss@midgard CST 2014Build numberALPS.KK1.MP5.v1SW Version MV7B 41D37 442HW VersionD3A

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate the build number and device details, alarman. I recommend performing an additional factory reset to help get your tablet back to factory default settings. This should clear up the language issue if it still persists, alongside with the screen orientation issues, as long as it is not a hardware issue.

Please perform these steps by powering off your tablet: http://spr.ly/6589BcKMx

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes