Sd card
Luke5853

I mount my SD card and my tablet recognizes the card but after the initial 16 gig of space is used I get a message that I am out of space.  My understanding was that this tablet just continues to the sd card.  Obviously that isn't working.  They have a slot for a card but you can't get anything saved to it.  This is crazy.

0 Likes
Re: Sd card
steve101
Contributor - Level 1

Luke, when you put your sd card in and formant it to your device, you have to tell the tablet to move to it. and not everything can be moved over there are some apps that can't be moved over. what is it that you're trying to move over?

0 Likes
Luke5853

I was trying to move anything over to the sd card.  Movies, apps etc. I went through all my apps and I can't where I can move anything to the sd card.also I was told that the ellipsis would auto recognize the sd card and once the  space on the tablet was filled it would go to the sd card. That is not happening

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The camera app will automatically save files to the SD card once you ensure that the storage is set to the SD card in the camera app settings.  For your music, videos, documents, and photos, you'll have to move those to the SD card.  One option is to use a file manager app from the Play Store; another option is to connect the tablet to your computer via the USB cable and 'drag and drop' the files.

0 Likes
steve101
Contributor - Level 1

so for apps you have to get into application manager and then tap on the app you want to move over. if it will allow you to move it, it will give you an option to move to SD card. tikibar1 is correct if you go into the camera app and in settings you should have the option on where the pictures are saved to. there is no reason to download a file manager app as you have one already built in to your device called myfiles. the easiest way to move files is the cut and paste method because just changing where the pictures are saved wont move them. btw pictures are stored under DCIM > Camera. however do not delete, alter or move any folders from within the phone itself. only the content. in other words. do not cut delete or move the DCIM or Camera folder in the phone. just the actual pictures. because if the file is no longer there and you remove the Microsd card, then those files that are needed by the phone will act up.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

steve101 wrote:

there is no reason to download a file manager app as you have one already built in to your device called myfiles

There isn't a native file manager app on the Ellipsis 7 or 8; good to know one was added to the 10.

0 Likes