Spontaneous power downs
jim0508

I just bought this tablet a couple weeks ago and it was working great. Then all of a sudden Thursday night about 20 minutes after I had just used it, it wouldn't power on though the battery was at 100%. I plugged it in and it showed the icon for battery charging with lightning bolt then it showed a battery icon with a "?" in it. But I pressed the power button and it came on. So I unplugged it and played with it for a little then shut it back down. When I tried to power it back on later, it wouldn't come on until I again plugged it in. It has gotten progressively worse as now it seems that if I even move the tablet it will just black out. Even in the middle of powering up the screen will black out.  All in less than two days???? Is there a way to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spontaneous power downs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking time to check the version and offer these specifics. Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Please test the charging function while in Safe Mode to see if performance improves as this will stop corrupted apps temporarily: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122285/  Also if Safe Mode works then begin to remove apps by starting with the ones you do not use, and then start uninstalling the ones you have most recently updated. That will resolve the problem.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you keep the power to power your device, jim0508! Had you recently installed any new apps or updates to the device? Can you confirm the current system version via Settings>About Device?

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jim0508

Android Version...4.4.2

SW version... QZ3_31F22

HW Version... QZ3_PE3X

Now it is not recognizing a battery charge at all. I powered down the tablet and plugged it into the charger.... Hours later it showed that battery was at 96% then the battery with "?" In it. Then it said battery is at 0%.... Even on the charger.

At the time this all started happening, all I was doing was surfing the net and booking a hotel.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking time to check the version and offer these specifics. Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Please test the charging function while in Safe Mode to see if performance improves as this will stop corrupted apps temporarily: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122285/  Also if Safe Mode works then begin to remove apps by starting with the ones you do not use, and then start uninstalling the ones you have most recently updated. That will resolve the problem.

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes