Streaming music skips after Kit Kat Update??
allen268

Ever since I Ran the Kit Kat update a couple of weeks ago my streaming music on 4g skips like about 6-7 times a song!! Sometimes worse than that!  I have been to the Verizon Store twice now and have added a Memory Card which they told me would help... Did Not!!  Went back again and was told to do a Factory Reset and then reinstall the app... Still Skips and now since I did the factory reset it skips on Wi-Fi when before it did not!!! Can't seem to win!!  If you have NOT Installed this update yet I would Suggest NOT Installing it till this bug is solved!  

0 Likes
Re: Streaming music skips after Kit Kat Update??
bkbirge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here, driving me crazy as I use audio for all the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
allen268,  I love streaming music on my devices. It always allows me to have tunes flowing. I understand how frustrating it is if it skips. Let's work on this together to keep the solid connection. What application are you running when you have the issues? Does the music skip in different music streaming applications? Are all your apps up to date?  RobinD_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
allen268

Thank you for your response, but I have been to The Verizon Store 3 Times now and after trying out various solutions.... E.I.  Reset Tablet... Added Memory Card... They even replaced my Sim Card, But Nothing has Worked!!!  😞

I'm now being told that I will have to wait to see if Android will send out another update that will fix the Issue between Kit Kat and The 4g modem Installed in these Tablets!! I would much more upset if I had Paid for the Tablet instead of getting it Free during a Past Promotion!!  They did also Tell me I could return the Tablet for a Replacement but there was no Guarantee that the replacement Tablet wouldn't be updated to Kit Kat Also!

I Really wish that there was a way to roll-back an Update just like drivers on a Computer!!  Would make things much Easier for all!!

0 Likes
Marko17

I am having the same problem streaming music with Pandora. I have tried many times to fix this with tech support over the phone but that was just a big waste of time. I sent the tablet back and they did not address the problem at all.  I sent it back a second time on March 30th and its been three weeks now. I call and get transferred all over the place and get excuses and promises to find out what is going on.  When a tech gets stuck they promise to call me back with answers but never do. This malfunctioning device has been so disappointing and frustrating I want to  give it back to Verizon but they will not let me out of the contract. They charged me $35 for the device and want $70 to get out of the contract.

It feels like I am being ripped off but if I keep it it will cost me over $300. And some week, I may get it back, and it still may not work.

0 Likes