Symbols
GrandmaL

What do the symbols mean that are at the top left of my Ellipsis screen?

0 Likes
Re: Symbols
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

App Notifications (Email, text messages), app status and updates, could be any number of things. The right side shows network connections, battery status, etc.   At the top of mine on the left is the current temperature (from my Weather Bug app), some emails (the envelopes), the circular thingee is my Avast anti-virus ... each of the icons is app specific, so you would need to know what apps you have installed and connect the icon with the app.

Perhaps if you send a screen shot, we can help you identify what apps are there?

Screenshot_2016-01-27-17-11-09.png

0 Likes
GrandmaL

In the user manual I found how to remove the icons, and I think the down arrow represented items that were at one time or another, being downloaded but not completed. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also, if you swipe down from the top left, it will give you a list and a bit of text about the notification...you can clear them all, swipe them to the left to remove one at a time, or tap them (like the email) to open the app that's sending the notification.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GrandmaL

I love using my Tablet all the time. Our great community has provided some excellent information for you. Did you know we also offer free workshops at our stores? Or team would be more than happy to help you learn your awesome new tablet.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/storelocator/workshop/workshop-landing.jsp

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes