System Update - Ellipsis 7
jrbinnc

I have this Ellipsis 7 tablet but it is no longer on the Verizon network (has no phone number). How can I update the Android software? When I try to update over Wifi I get "cannot connect to server" error message. Can you connect me to the network temporarily (activate it) to do the download, then turn it back off?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: System Update - Ellipsis 7
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to add it to your account for one month to pull down the update and then you can cancel it near the end of the billing cycle. The tablet needs to be on the VZW network in order to find any OS updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to add it to your account for one month to pull down the update and then you can cancel it near the end of the billing cycle. The tablet needs to be on the VZW network in order to find any OS updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to verify the tablet has an update available before you add it to your account. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes