System update QZ3_31F27 unsuccessful
boldbileg

I have tried everything I can think of and searched several forums. Every time I try the QZ3_31F28 update (either automatic or through settings and checking for a new update), it says "Download unsuccessful: We were not able to download this update. To retry, go to Settings > System updates." I have tried multiple factory resets (including from android system recovery) I've tried wiping the cache partition, everything I could think of short of flashing the boot image.

Possibly unrelated: my bluetooth stopped working. It turns on for a while and then keeps turning on and off (hence why I started all this update nonsense, to try and fix the bluetooth problem).

I wouldn't be asking my own question if I thought I could find it somewhere on the internet. I would appreciate any help.

0 Likes
Re: System update QZ3_31F27 unsuccessful
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you try to update the tablet, do you have wi-fi turned off and mobile data turned on? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is up to date. How much available storage space do you have on your tablet?

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
boldbileg

9.73GB of available storage. I just factory reset it.

0 Likes
boldbileg

I just tried the update while off wifi and an error occurred in the middle of the update (same as before).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying the factory reset, boldbileg. I am sorry to learn that you are still having trouble with trying to update the software on your tablet. When you are trying to complete these steps what is your battery life? Have you tried to power the device off, and back on again, then try the update?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boldbileg

Full battery and yes I have tried restarting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updating your tablet is a must, boldbileg. Thanks for everything you have already done to get this to update. Let's place the phone in Safe Mode by following these steps:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122285/

Once in Safe Mode please try updating the tablet once more.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
boldbileg

I tried updating in safe mode and the update still failed plus my tablet got stuck on the verizon screen during boot. I had to restart, factory reset, and wipe the cache several times just to get it to boot up properly. : \

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

boldbileg,

We appreciate all of the work you have put into this. It is concerning to hear you are still receiving the same error. Do you know if your tablet is still under it's one year manufacture warranty or have extended coverage (insurance)? If so, we can look inot repair/replacement options.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes