Tablet Mobile Hotspot use more Data than a Jetpack to connect 1 Laptop?
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently added a Elipses 7 to my Data only account. I have been using a Jetpack. Question is, I don't need two mobile hotspots. Will using the tablet use more Data than the Jetpack in connecting 1 laptop? I'd like to drop the Jetpack if the data usage is the same.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tablet Mobile Hotspot use more Data than a Jetpack to connect 1 Laptop?
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope this answers your question.  The Settings are within Chromes browser.  There are several, I use only two. ADKILLER & ADBLOCKSUPER.  Using other will slow your response time.  These two not only block ads in Chrome, but in Facebook, Yahoo, and across the web on search engine pages and other websites. No "Flashing ads", or ads that redirect you.  I'm just using an old 2005 XP right now, so as long as you use Google Chrome they should work.  I've scanned them and tested both for 4 weeks. No problems. At times it will block Adobe from starting a video, all you do is click on where the video whould be and it comes right up.  I would think banishing all these ads saves data also.

If you need more, let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
toga1530, I can understand the need to consolidate items. Especially if one does all you need too. The data usage between the hotspot service and your laptop, should remain consistent with your average usage. (Which can vary depending on action performed)

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm assuming that I need to verify there are no background apps. running on the Tablet when I use it as a hotspot. Facebook and Gmail are typical culprits, but not sure if they would make much diff.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You got it, toga1530. It is likely though that this very usage may already be accounted for, especially if you are sharing the same data plan. I would just make sure the auto play for videos on the tablet and desktop/laptop are disabled for FB, etc. Application/software updates via both machines are not automatic, etc.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Done, I found that trick in FB a while back on the Auto play.  Google Chrome also allows you to turn off all ads accross the Net if you want.  Not sure if this is possible on a tablet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That's a good question. If this setting was located within Chrome, then it may certainly be an available option on the tablets version of Chrome just the same. Have you been able to check the settings within Chrome on the tablet to verify?

AdamG_VZW
0 Likes
toga1530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope this answers your question.  The Settings are within Chromes browser.  There are several, I use only two. ADKILLER & ADBLOCKSUPER.  Using other will slow your response time.  These two not only block ads in Chrome, but in Facebook, Yahoo, and across the web on search engine pages and other websites. No "Flashing ads", or ads that redirect you.  I'm just using an old 2005 XP right now, so as long as you use Google Chrome they should work.  I've scanned them and tested both for 4 weeks. No problems. At times it will block Adobe from starting a video, all you do is click on where the video whould be and it comes right up.  I would think banishing all these ads saves data also.

If you need more, let me know.

0 Likes