Tablet is too slow
AuntBiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

This tablet is too slow!!! Only thing that works well is the Kindle!  Pages load to slow or not at all!  Touch screen does not always work!  I can't figure out how to turn off the sound when you are typing!  I turn off the sound and but once you turn the volume up to listen to video the sound is back when you start typing again.  I had the eclipse but it get working after 13 months and had to go with the #8 as my replacement!  I should not bothered with it!!

0 Likes
Re: Tablet is too slow
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The slowness, I can't really help with.  The Ellipsis 8 IS limited in RAM, so only running one app at a time, and keeping as much memory free as possible (clearing cache often, store photos and videos on the external SD card, etc) is going to give you the most efficient use of the available memory.

The keyboard sounds can be turned off by going to Settings, Language and Input, Keyboard, then tap the settings icon next to the keyboard to select options - one is Sound on Keypress.  I have mine turned off as I don't like the constant clicking sounds either!

The screen not responding, or responding erratically, I found is due to poor installation of a a screen protector, or having your finger inadvertently touching the screen in some other location other than where you want it to.  With the larger screen (as compared to my phone), sometimes my thumb will be on the screen as I hold the tablet, making other screen taps seem unresponsive, or the screen scrolls "on it's own" (but not really, since my finger IS on the edge and it inter[rests that s a swipe sometimes).

I find the Elliupsis 8 to be handy, at times, but not for any REAL work, my grandkids use it more than I do, and my primary usage is as a Kindle reader.

0 Likes
Airmech42

I agree! This Ellipses 8 is a piece of junk. Way way way too slow. It helps a little, and I mean a very little, to keep the cache cleared and to disable, under application manager, as many apps as you can that you don't use. I hope to find another trick or two to get it to run a little faster.

0 Likes
AuntBiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for you response!  I currently do not have a screen protector on my tablet.  Quality of this tablet is horrible!  The eclipse 7 did not have these problems!  I thought when new devices come out they are supposed to be better! This is not the case. Facebook most of the time doesn't load or you can't scroll the pages!  If it is only good to use with the Kindle that is how it should be marketed!  If it it quits working I wouldn't even bother having it replaced!  It took over 3 minutes to load once I turned it on! Worthless!!!!

0 Likes