Tablet will not boot after OTA
Hooligeek

Hello,

After performing the most recent OTA update on my Ellipsis 8, I am unable to get it to boot.  I am able to get into recovery to perform all the reset and data wipes offered but the device still will not boot.  Nothing new was installed prior to the the OTA update and no error messages were shown.  All of the the research I have done suggests that it needs to be repaired by Verizon.  Please confirm.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Likes
Re: Tablet will not boot after OTA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a tablet that is functioning properly is of the utmost importance! May I ask where the device gets "stuck" upon starting?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hooligeek

Hi,

The red Ellipsis screen comes up for a few second before going black and doing nothing until I force power it off.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes
Hooligeek

Good Morning.  I am still waiting for an answer here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I great appreciate those details! I do have a suggestion that I've provided below:

1. Please a charge the device with "slight" current (possibly link computer with USB cable to charge) instead of connect to wall charger. This step is for reactivate the over-discharge battery.

2. Wait for 15mins

3. Click power button for 1 sec and see if there's a different battery charging icon shown on the screen (battery with a little red color & thunder icon on it

4. You can change to wall charger to continue charging if they see different icon described in step 3.
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hooligeek

Hello,

The tablet is fully charged. The problem on occurred when the device

rebooted following the most recent OTA update. This is not a power issue.

Thanks,

Matt

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hooligeek we need to get this tablet going. What resets were you able to perform? Have you taken it to a corporate store to inspect? http://vz.to/1KoWeZg Could you try holding the volume up key and hold with the power key for 25-30 seconds?
JoelRR_VZW

0 Likes
Hooligeek

Hi,

I am able to get to the reset menu without issue and have run every reset

and wipe available multiple times. The results are the. I have not yet

taken it to a corporate store yet as i was hoping to be able to resolve the

issue on my own.

Thanks,

Matt

On Jan 29, 2016 14:48, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
BrotherJon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am having the EXACT same problem with my ellipse 8 after doing the Lollipop OTA. The unit was about 40% charged when I started the update so I went ahead and plugged it while it finished. After pressing the power button the red Verizon ellipse 8 screen comes on and then the screen goes black; BUT it is still powered on. I can see the backlight near the edges of the screen. I too have no problem getting to the Recovery menu and have performed each wipe available including the factory reset. I also tried connecting it to my computer and attempted to connect to it using ADB commands.My computer noticed  that something was plugged in (and it charges the tablet) but it will not recognize the mass storage device in the tablet.

-- Verizon, Can we get a little help here please?!

Thanks,

Jon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hooligeek, it sounds like the device is not budging and we need to have it checked at our warranty department. Please send us a Private Message or Follow and DM us so we can get you some deeper answers there.
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes