Tried to update and half way though it said error and restarted
Jmalin23

After the ellipsis screen it shows only a black screen instead of the Verizon screen I have done a factory reset all it did was wipe my data not reset the table to its original state how do I undo a failed update...

0 Likes
Re: Tried to update and half way though it said error and restarted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmalin23-

Software updates should enhance the features of your tablet to bring a more positive experience. I am saddened to know your tablet is not responding properly. Before the update, was there any changes such as an app download. Is there any physical or liquid damage? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're probably screwed. After mine updated to 5.1 it would boot and show the Verizon logo for a few seconds and then go black but you can see the screen was on. I left it on all night and it stayed that way so it was locked. Took it to a real Verizon store and the salesman noticed the same thing and I had to send it in. However it comes back with a note that says they found nothing wrong, which is pretty stupid since the salesman at a real Verizon story did find something wrong and he's the one that put the information in the computer where they sent me a box to send it in for free. And then it comes back saying nothings wrong and it's got 4.4 on it again which means there's a lot of apps that don't work with it. If it does ever ask me to update I'll probably try again because it's kind of worthless for what I need right now until at least updates to 5.1.

0 Likes
jonkmiller

I have the same problem, after OTA update my tablet will show the red ellipsis screen then nothing.  Prior to the update I had even done a factory reset to ensure the update would be good....I now have a brick.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jonkmiller,

That's not the experience we want you to have after an update. The updates are made to improve upon the device, so we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing the opposite. When was the update completed? After the update, did the tablet work properly before this issue? During the update, did you receive any error messages? Please share what you've tried since the update to get the tablet to turn on completely.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jonkmiller

I do not recall seeing any error messages.  I have been able to get into the boot menu where I can do a factory reset, wipe data etc and have done so but the device does not boot past the red ellipses screen.  I am trying to find a location to download the firmware so I can sideload it if at all possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonkmiller,

Thank you for the details. I know it’s vital to have a working tablet. I use my tablet for day to day tasks as well. Let’s get this fixed right away. Do you recall any software updates available? And to clarify, you are unable to navigate at all through your tablet?

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jonkmiller

Correct, I cannot do anything with the tablet.  I didn't respond sooner because someone pm'ed me and asked for my account info, but nothing was done I guess.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are still on the case, jonkmiller. Is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Is the device fully charged?

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
jonkmiller

no damage, fully charged

0 Likes