Update locked up tablet
BenWig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to install the system update on my son's Ellipsis 7 tablet from verizon.  It started installing, I walked away and came back and it is now stuck on a blank screen.  It appears to be powered on because it is not black, but nothing on the screen.  Tried holding power button down for 20 seconds and all it does is appear to turn off for a couple seconds, then comes back on and flashes the "powered by android" screen for a couple seconds and then same blank screen.  Tried the power button and volume down button with the same result.  Can't turn it off.  Please tell me there is a way to fix this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update locked up tablet
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi BenWig

Thank you for your post. If your son's Ellipsis 7 is still stuck on Powered by Android, please call our Customer Support at 1-800-922-0204.

This device behavior is unexpected unless the software on the device has been independently modified. Devices sent for repair will be examined for more information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BenWig! My apologies to hear of the trouble you're having with the tablet! That can be most frustrating. No worries, help has arrived! We'll want to complete an alternative reset. Click here for instructions: http://vz.to/1LEIrfH Please try this and keep us posted! Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
BenWig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't follow that exactly because I can power this thing down.  I tried the power/both volume buttons suggestion from the blank backlit screen though.  Same result.  Goes black, powered by android screen comes up for 5 seconds or so, and then back to blank backlit screen. 

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi BenWig

Thank you for your post. If your son's Ellipsis 7 is still stuck on Powered by Android, please call our Customer Support at 1-800-922-0204.

This device behavior is unexpected unless the software on the device has been independently modified. Devices sent for repair will be examined for more information.

0 Likes
BenWig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wh does that mean, independently modified? 

0 Likes
johnnyboyjr59

I just had the same issue. Went to Verizon and had them check it out. No help he said there was another customer that came in with the same issue when it was updating the software. So this is a known issue. He advised me I need to send it back to Verizon. so they will mail me a box to send it in, then I need to put it in a box ship it wait for them to try to fix it and then ship it back to me which will take days. Just wanted to let all of Verizon customers know that have this issue with this new update. Good Luck!!!

0 Likes