Update on Ellipsis 7
robin41017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update will not download......

I do have a verizon account.  When I tried to download the update it gave me an error and said Null. now it says it can't connect to server. A couple of weeks ago I took it to the Verizon kiosk and they couldn't help me said that it was a Google issue. It is allowing me to update other apps just not get the new operating system update.  I have tried on several different WiFi locations and also thru data and nothing works.

I was a bit peeved at the guy at the kiosk because he didn't really want to help and made the comment that he didn't think he was going to be there long because he wasn't making any money... So not sure if he really tried to help or just gave me an answer to make me go away.....

0 Likes
Re: Update on Ellipsis 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Robin41017  Thank you for that information.  Let's get to the bottom of your issue.  Have you attempted to put your tablet in safe mode http://vz.to/1AMg6PZ?  Give that a try and then attempt the software update.  Keep us posted.  EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
robin41017
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, put the tablet in safe mode and this did not work.... It still says can not connect to server. I did this in wifi, do I need to be in data mode?

Also we tried a factory reset so the tablet is clean as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry your tablet won't download your update robin41017. I'm sorry this device can not update in wifi mode. You will have to be connected to our 4g network to have the software download successfully.   KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
robin41017
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not work either, still same error.

0 Likes
spittingshroom

Same here... I'd really like to get beyond the'cannot connect to server' issue.  Get on it people.. Chop chop.  You have customers waiting.  Chop chop

0 Likes