Verizon Ellipsis 7 not holding a charge. Any Suggestions?
kwotanowicz

My verizon ellipsis 7 is not holding a charge. I have tried charging it from different locations (computer, wall outlet). Within 10min of unplugging it from the charger, the battery is depleted.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Ellipsis 7 not holding a charge. Any Suggestions?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Your device is not really charging to begin with.

Either the battery, the charging cable or the contacts on the Jetpack are bad.  You can try a different charging cable on your own, any Micro-B USB cable should be able to provide a charge to the Jetpack.

For a bad battery or Jetpack contacts you will need to contact VZW and work through the replacement or repair options.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 7 is a tablet not a Jetpack.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having power issues is serious! Thanks for providing some of what you have done. I have a few suggestions. Have you tried a different charging cord?  Have you tried the charger with another device? This link should help http://vz.to/1C9WJzK

0 Likes
CarolM1234

Extend Battery Life - Verizon Ellipsis 7 | Verizon Wireless   -   

Extend Battery Life - Verizon Ellipsis™ 7

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Note Battery life is measured by standby time and talk time.

• Standby time is the amount of time the device stays powered on with no voice, data, or other usage.
  • Talk time is based on voice usage.

HOW do you use voice on this tablet?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question CarolM1234 as this could be rather confusing prior to the release of the latest Verizon Messaging Application. With the new update for Verizon Messages, it allows for calling to be completed from the application using your tablet. You can click here to learn more about the service:  http://vz.to/1XBjGXG

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CarolM1234

Cam the tablet act as its own stand-alone phone with its assigned number? Or is it dependent upon the other phone on the account?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The tablet can't act as its own phone number. Verizon Messages requires a separate cellular phone to sync with the tablet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes