WPA2 connectivity issue
Reeba1

Is there anything I am missing trying to get my Ellipsis 8 tablet to connect to a secure wpa2 network? All updates are complete and I have reset tablet to original factory oem status. Still no luck, all I get is " wifi connection failure". I have connected two iPhones and a ipad without any trouble. I have also added a new usb wifi adapter to a old windows 7 laptop and got it to connect also. I know this is a android problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone familiar with these wpa2 issues. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WPA2 connectivity issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love to help, Reeba1. I know it is nice to get your tablet connected. I do want to clarify a few things. What are you connecting to? (WiFi, Hotspot etc) Have you restarted your tablet? Are you able to connect to another WiFi network? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Reeba1

Trying to connect to a wifi network in a rv park. Yes, we have restarted this tablet multiple times. Yes, we connect fine to other networks at home,   Starbucks, Mcdonalds and other public networks. I am thinking it is the secure wpa2 network giving us the problem on just this illipsis tablet. Apple products connect just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reeba1, we certainly want you to be able to connect to the Wi-Fi where you are located at. 

Have you tried to manually add the network you are trying to connect to while selecting WPA/WPA2 PSK within the security options of the Add network process? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-207588/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Reeba1

Yes Steve, I have tried to add the network manually multiple times changing the security setting to wpa2 without any luck connecting. The only other two settings I don't know whether to change are:

Proxy - "none" is default with"manual" and "proxy auto-config" available

IP settings - "DHCP" default and "static" available.

I haven't tried any of these choices

Any further help to solve this would be greatly appreciated 

Robert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details. In this case, it would be necessary to contact the internet provider Reeba1 since you mentioned that the device connects to other networks without any issues. Regardless of the security method being used, you should be able to connect without any problems if you have the password.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes