What does this thing SO SLOW with everything I do!!
2BNDRT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought 2 of these during a "today only" sale. Sorry I did as these things are so slow. Keeps freezing up on me. Sometimes for 10 minutes before the screen finally reacts to my touch. Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or network. Overall performance is a 3 of 10 at best. Unless someone knows something I don't to update this or something, I plan to see about returning the ellipsis 8, and I have 2 that this happens with.

0 Likes
Re: What does this thing SO SLOW with everything I do!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is troubling to hear about the experience you've had with the tablet and we want to be sure that we have taken the proper troubleshooting steps to solve this.

Has the tablet performed like this since the day it was purchased? Have you added any new apps software at any point? Does the tablet have any physical damage at all?

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
2BNDRT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the touch screen does not react to touching in a timely manner. Best thing I can do with this is listen to music and watch videos. If I'm not using an app to do that, this this is SLOW!! I got your reply 2 weeks ago but got tired of trying to log in from the tablet to respond. Using the web sucks on this thing. I got on this time but still took about 20 !minutes for the process of getting here. Sorry but this thing is crap in my book.

0 Likes
2BNDRT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let see of I can get 2 responses in. Yes I have downloaded apps, that's what this is for, correct? No there is no physical damage.

It does not matter if I'm on wifi or mobile, not responding to touch and processing that should happen instantly.

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

2BNDRT, I am sorry to learn of the trouble you are having with the tablets. Let’s get things sped up. The reason for the question regarding the applications is if there are too many applications downloaded it can cause any device to slow down. Please let us know how much memory is available on the tablets, to learn how visit http://vz.to/2cKWaLR.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

2BNDRT, we want to speed things up for you on that device. Let's clean things up a bit. Some 3rd party applications can affect the performance of your device. We reccommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications on your device by tapping Settings>Application Manager>Select Uninstall.  Next, you will need to delete temporary internet files by tapping Settings>From the Advanced section, tap Privacy>Tap Clear Browsing Data  for Cookies and Data. Lastly, power your device off/on to soft reset it. Let us know if these steps improve the performance of it.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
2BNDRT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wife's tablet

Internal

16gb total

5.82 available

3.02 gb apps

1.69 mb pics n vid

48.kb audio

8kb download

369mb cache

5.92gb misc

No SD

My tablet

Internal

16gb total

4.71 gb available

10.59gb apps

2.84mb pics n vids

196mb audio

8kb download

.93gb cache

5.93gb misc

SD

29.71gb total

4.59 available

0 Likes
2BNDRT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can uninstall factory apps. The apps I downloaded I want to use, the pre-installed ones, I don't know what I can do safety without screwing up the system. There are a lot of Verizon  and Android apps that I have no clue what they do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you sharing the available memory for both of the Ellipsis tablets. They both have enough memory available to prevent the slowness you describe. Let's keep pressing through to get the tablet to run faster.

Please power them off/on.

Once you power back on, we want to ensure all applications are up to date.

Make sure any running apps have been closed by going to Settings > Application Manager> from the Running tab, tap an app > Tap stop > From the "Stop system service?" prompt, tap OK to confirm.

How does the Ellipsis work after these steps have been completed?

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AngelR2

These Tablets are total garbage and Verizon knows it.  They sold me a refurbished one as know and then a year later copped to it!

0 Likes