When I select Security in Settings, I get message that Settings has stopped
Spacerockfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I go into Settings -> Security, I get a pop up message that says "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." with no choice other than "OK"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I select Security in Settings, I get message that Settings has stopped
Spacerockfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply, Christina.

Yesterday afternoon, I was able to solve the problem with Security and also the problem I was having when trying to uninstall apps.

I went through all the various choices in Settings and decided to see if there was a System Update available.  There was an available update.  I figured my Ellipsis was having problems anyway, so why not try a System Update.

After the update was complete, I could get into Security under Settings, and I could uninstall the apps.  So, the update seems to have solved my problems.

I don't recall ever receiving a message or notice that a system update was available.  Should there have been some notification?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spacerockfan,

Getting an error message is never a fun thing to have to deal with. Let's look into yours. Is it just popping up when you go to Settings or other apps, too? Is the error always about "settings stopping" or do you get errors about other apps "stopping" as well?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Spacerockfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply, Christina.

Yesterday afternoon, I was able to solve the problem with Security and also the problem I was having when trying to uninstall apps.

I went through all the various choices in Settings and decided to see if there was a System Update available.  There was an available update.  I figured my Ellipsis was having problems anyway, so why not try a System Update.

After the update was complete, I could get into Security under Settings, and I could uninstall the apps.  So, the update seems to have solved my problems.

I don't recall ever receiving a message or notice that a system update was available.  Should there have been some notification?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spacerockerfan,

Awesome! We're glad to hear that the error message has finally subsided. Taking a look at the device notification settings there would unfortunately not be an option for System Updates. However, we do want you to be set in the future. Just as you checked for updates through the device Settings, you can always do so to check periodically. Although rather than continuously doing that you can always visit our Advanced Device Software Release page here to see the latest updates for your device specifically http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.

AdamGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes