When will andriod version 4.4.2 update to at least 4.4.4 or to Lollipop?
LORPAV18

Video won't play with version  KitKat 4.4.2.

0 Likes
Re: When will andriod version 4.4.2 update to at least 4.4.4 or to Lollipop?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 7 is unlikely to be updated anymore. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LORPAV18, I am also a fan of viewing videos on my tablet and cellphone. Have you ever been able to watch videos with your Ellipsis 7?

Can you tell us what happens when you try to view a video? Does this happen with all videos? As Ann154 mentioned, there may not be another update since the last one was 2/11/2015, but we are still to help you with your tablet. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LORPAV18

Yes, I have watched videos and still can. I was trying to watch some videos from the MTV website and it says I need android version 4.4.4 or higher to view the content. I really don't want to spend the money to upgrade but if I have to I will upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Tab E.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. Does it only happen on this site?

LauraL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LORPAV18

It's the only site so far that I have tried.

0 Likes
LORPAV18

Also can't download from Netflix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand where you are coming from. The Galaxy Tab E might not be available for a Software Update. You can try using your browser to see if you are able to view content this way. You can view the current software available by following this link, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes