Where do I get the Security Code for setting up Messages on the Ellipse 8 tablet?
BILWILOK

I am trying to set up text messaging on a new Ellipse 8 tablet. It asks for a Security Code which is supposed to be texted to my iPhone.

I am texted a temporary password for My Verizon Online. When I enter this as the security code on the tablet it rejects it as not valid.

I am awaiting a third code now.  The codes I have been receiving must be for something else. I have been to live chat and deleted previous data and started from scratch but every code sent by Verizon either by mail or text to my iPhone is rejected.  How do i get into Messages

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where do I get the Security Code for setting up Messages on the Ellipse 8 tablet?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Verizon messages app installed and active on your iPhone?  When prompted on the tablet for the phone number to use for messaging, you are putting in the iPhone phone #, correct?

On every tablet I have used to set this up, it's been simple and straightforward (all Android for me, but my husband has an iPhone synced with Messages on his Ellipsis 10).  Put in the phone's 10 digit number (in the app on the tablet) - almost immediately the phone receives a text with a 5 or 6 digit number.  Type that number into the app on the tablet and messages start to sync.  The initial sync could take some time; be sure you are on wifi!!

View solution in original post

Re: Where do I get the Security Code for setting up Messages on the Ellipse 8 tablet?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Verizon messages app installed and active on your iPhone?  When prompted on the tablet for the phone number to use for messaging, you are putting in the iPhone phone #, correct?

On every tablet I have used to set this up, it's been simple and straightforward (all Android for me, but my husband has an iPhone synced with Messages on his Ellipsis 10).  Put in the phone's 10 digit number (in the app on the tablet) - almost immediately the phone receives a text with a 5 or 6 digit number.  Type that number into the app on the tablet and messages start to sync.  The initial sync could take some time; be sure you are on wifi!!