Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where is my download?
xQQQQme

Okay, apologies for posting this question elsewhere in the Community Forums (no idea where), before I located the specific sections.  Anyway, I'm not new to Android but I am new to tablets, having just picked up a new Ellipsis 8 last Friday.  I'm still becoming familiar with it...but I've already taken advantage of some deals on storage to put a microcard into it. I went to Google Play, navigated to TV Shows, and downloaded a program. I know the download was successful because I can see the thumbnail for it on the left-hand page in My Videos.  But darned if I can find where it is within the internal system so I can learn how to move it to the external storage.  My file management app says that there is nothing in the Download folder (now wouldn't that be the logical place?), nothing in Movies, Pictures, Podcasts, Storage...I can't seem to locate it anywhere.  So, the question is: where does a straightforward download go on this tablet?

0 Likes
Re: Where is my download?
karthikb_vzw

The best way to ensure that the movies you download from the Google Play Movies & TV Store are stored on the SD card is as follows:

1. Launch the "Play Movies & TV" App (this is a separate app - you can find it in the App Tray)

2. Touch the Menu icon on the left end of the screen (the three horizontal lines)

3. Touch the "Settings" option

4. Choose the "Storage" option in the "DOWNLOADS" section (If you don't see this option, you may have navigated via the Play app instead of the "Play Movies & TV" app).

5. In the Pop-up box, choose "SD Card"

0 Likes
xQQQQme

Thank you so very much for your reply. I was getting very disappointed by the number of views my message had received without a reply. But your answer showed that it was more than just using a file manager to move the file... it was all about correctly setting an app to put the downloads where I wanted them in the first place rather than moving the file. I appreciate the education and thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
wydupree

I am having the same issue. I was hoping someone would answer. Now to see if I can find my downloads. Thank you both.

0 Likes
xQQQQme

As a follow up to this (and I hope karthikb_vzw will see it) I'd like to ask one more question: Will making this change in the settings for the "Play Movies & TV" app affect the download destination for ALL videos that I might download or just the ones that come from Google Play?  In other words, if I download a video file from another site via a browser, will that file also go to the SD card (because that's where I've now set it within "Play Movies & TV")?  Or will files downloaded in that manner be put somewhere else?  And, if the latter.....where?

0 Likes
karthikb_vzw

Given that you are making the change within the "Play Movies & TV" app, the setting will only impact movies downloaded from that app. Each source of video behaves differently, so it is hard to generalize the answer. Typically, well behaved apps that allow you to download movies will allow you to choose where to store them. Movies downloaded off of the Internet using the Browser app will end up in the "Download" folder and you will have to manually move them. Keep in mind that the device may not be able to play all content downloaded off of the Internet, not to mention, not all content may be safe.

0 Likes