Why Won't My Ellipsis 7 Charge?
Garygmc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jan 2017 - I am suddenly having the same problem - but it is on my wife's Elipse AND mine also. Either not charging (current problem) or maxing out at 62% (in recent weeks). The charge icon shows the lightning bolt but nothing apparently happening. Both were on the charger over night.

Was there a recent push update that could be the problem?

I am at:

Android 4.4.2

Kernal 3.4.67 Sat Dec 20 1:00 2014

Build ALPS.KK1.MP5.V1

SW MV7A_41D37_442A

UPDATE MV7A_JBD49AtoKKD37A 2015-02-18

0 Likes
Re: Why Won't My Ellipsis 7 Charge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garygmc1,

Help has arrived! I would be lost if any of my devices were not holding a charge. Let’s get this fixed as quickly as possible. Thank you for all the information that you’ve provided. When did the charging problem start? Are you both using the original chargers that came with the tablet? When the charging cord is plugged into the charging port, is it in there firmly or is it a bit loose?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Garygmc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apology for the delay.

1. For me, it started within the last month. My wife’s – not sure but last couple of months.

2. We are both using the original charger. Fit may not be fully tight but not loose. The “lightning bolt” shows when plugged in. Seen same with different cable.

3. My Ellipse took over night to charge and was only 76% this morning.

4. This morning I checked something on tablet and an hour later showing 15% battery with nothing running and still plugged in. Continues to show “lightning bolt”.

5. All other functions seem normal. No apps running.

Gary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, Garygmc1. It definitely isn't normal for your devices to function this way. Lets figure out why this is happening. Have you guys downloaded any new apps or made any changes to your devices? When you go into the Settings> Battery what do you see is using the most energy?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Garygmc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No changes that I am aware of Marcus and there have not been any recent aps added.

Cell standby =32% (and I never use the tablet in phone mode.

Wi-fi = 30%

Tablet Idle = 28%

Screen = 5%

Best Fiends = 3%

Android System = 3%

Google Play Services = 2%

Bluetooth = off

I was on the charger all night and only 30% charge this morning. Today I went to Safe Mode and left it plugged in = still max of 30% after 5 hours.

Gary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garygmc1,

I appreciate your attempts. Let's keep going. Let's rule out any liquid or physical damage being the cause. Here's how to check: http://vz.to/1OscmM7

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Garygmc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No damage. No water. Same charger as always; well taken care of.

The other day it charged to 100% and held that charge for a day and a half – all on the charger. I was even able to use it.

THEN it started to discharge and headed south till completely empty – all while on the same charger as before. It shut down. Note: “Charging bolt” showed the entire time.

Tried a different cord and also a power pack with no effect – no increase in battery level. Then about 8 hours later battery started to fill. 8 hours later it’s now at 40% charge.

No known apps are running.

Gary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garygmc1 we want your tablet to work for you. I regret you are still having all this trouble. You have done some great troubleshooting on this issue already. At this time I think our best option is to back up your device to Verizon Cloud and then restore the device to factory settings https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-88206/.

AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes