Why can't I access the Google Playstore?
nurseladybear

Am unable to update my apps in the Google playstore. I've looked everywhere on this Elypsis 7 tablet. I've followed all the steps that come up in the box to enable background data, and I can't find anything related to the instructions until I'm not able to even access the Play Store anymore. I've tried everything I'm getting really frustrated and my contract is up next month on this tablet and I'm about to get rid of it. I never restricted background data in the first place

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Playstore
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the data and cache for the Play Store in the Application settings. Since the device was not connected for a month, the device has to update the Google play services before you can access the Play Store fully. It is an automatic download when you open up the Play Store again after connecting the tablet to the Internet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nurseladybear,

We know how important it is to have your applications updated correctly. I need to have my applications updated as well to make sure I am able to access them. What were you doing on your tablet prior to you noticing this issue? Do you see the play store icon?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JustAsking01

I am having the same problem. Verizon, what is the answer to enabling the background data?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your google play store and apps is very important JustAsking01 .  Try Selecting Settings > Apps> All > Clear Data. Open the Settings and check if Restricted Data menu option is there?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nurseladybear

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I've been unable to even get the playstore app to even load up anymore. The background data is not restricted. I have no idea what happened. The tablet had been powered down for a month due to poor signal strength where I was at during that month

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the data and cache for the Play Store in the Application settings. Since the device was not connected for a month, the device has to update the Google play services before you can access the Play Store fully. It is an automatic download when you open up the Play Store again after connecting the tablet to the Internet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.