Why can't I download an app even though my device has enough space?
alexeizen
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tablet states I have  3.95GB of available space. 95.67mb available app space. Why can't I download an app from the app store that is only 11.19mb? I keep getting an error that I don't have enough space.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error when downloading app, should have plenty of space
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
alexeize I have the same tablet myself and have had this happen. I was able to make more space on my...

BryanS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

JBugs

Same here.... very frustrating

0 Likes
Draconas

Also have the same issue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This might not pertain to this particular app but anytime you download an app or update, the internal memory must have basically a little over double the space of the file size since it has to download and overwrite the old version, be it an update to an app or an OS.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please check the software version on your Ellipsis 7 under Settings > About Tablet > SW Version.

If the current SW Version on your Ellipsis 7 tablet is:
MV7A_31D16_422  OR
MV7A_31D18_422  OR
MV7A_31D26_422

Please call our Customer Support at 1 (800) 837-4966, and they will support you through the update process. You will be required to ship your device for this software enhancement.

Later versions of Ellipsis 7 software enhance the available storage on the device.

Important Note: Memory Management

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
alexeizen, let's make room for that new application. Try uninsalling any unwanted applications, pictures, videos, and media to free up memory space. Power your device off/on and then try to download the application again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alexeizen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I have uninstalled all unwanted apps, and do not have many left on my

tablet. I've also removed all pictures/videos etc. I did all of that before

posting for help. My tablet states I have 95 mb or so of app space

available and the app I'm trying to install is less than 12 mb.

On May 30, 2015 6:47 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
alexeize I have the same tablet myself and have had this happen. I was able to make more space on my...

BryanS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

alexeizen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi and thank you very much! I did the "alternative reset" and that worked

perfect! And setting the tablet back up was really easy. Thanks again!!!

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes