Why can't I load anything onto my SD card?
Screaminheathen69

I have an Android Ellipsis 8. I like the tablet, but the memory is nearly full, mostly lits if pics and videos. I installed a 32 gig micro SD card, the card has no issues, the tablet recognizes the card, but there is no way to access the card other than to unmount it or erase it (a moot issue, as I have been completely unable to put anything on the card).

On my phone, which I got at the same time as the tablet, there are very simple controls that enable me to choose device or card. I can find no such controls on this tablet, which effectively makes the SD card useless.

What's the fix?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I load anything onto my SD card?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 8 doesn't have a native file explorer app; you'll need to download one from the Play Store, like File Explorer - Android Apps on Google Play

Screaminheathen69

Downloaded it, still can't transfer anything to the SD card.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the FX/File Explorer app open, tap the Menu button (the three bars in the upper left-hand corner), tap Settings, tap File Management, scroll down to the very bottom and place a check next to KitKat SD Write Workaround.  You should then be able to move/copy documents, music, photos, and videos to the SD card.

0 Likes