Why can't I send email?
3Barks

Verizon Tablet; been using for 2 months, suddenly can't send email but can't receive email.  Any suggestions on why this is happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I send email?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for all those details, 3Barks! It seems odd to me that you can send and receive emails with no problems while connected to other wi-fi networks. Have you been able to reset the Wi-fi router at the home location? Another helpful tip I would suggest is to delete that e-mail account off the tablet and re add it back on. Here is a link that will give you the step by step directions to complete: http://vz.to/1da81dp I hope that this gets us back on track ASAP. Please keep us posted on the outcome after these steps have been performed.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want those emails to keep flowing 3Barks! What make and model device do you have? Where are you located? Do you see any error message when you try to send or receive?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
3Barks

We have an Ellipsis tablet, which we have used at home in PA with a wireless setup.  Traveled to FL along the way email worked just fine at the various hotels which provided WIFI.  Moved into our rented house in Sarasota, FL.  It has a wireless router WIFI.  We think the problem started right away in that we could receive email but can't send email.  The message we were getting was that it couldn't connect to the outgoing server.  [that is a paraphrase, I may not have it exactly right]  We went to a McDonald's for breakfast this morning, connected to their WIFI and were able to send and receive email.  Came home and email not working.  It is also now telling us that mail service is suspended because there isn't "enough storage space" and "you can delete unused emails to free up storage space".  We have deleted almost all of our emails and emptied the trash can so don't understand that message.  I have a lap top too and the email is working fine , sending and receiving.  We are also able to connect to the WEB with the tablet, no problem there.

Any help will be appreciated

Three Barks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for all those details, 3Barks! It seems odd to me that you can send and receive emails with no problems while connected to other wi-fi networks. Have you been able to reset the Wi-fi router at the home location? Another helpful tip I would suggest is to delete that e-mail account off the tablet and re add it back on. Here is a link that will give you the step by step directions to complete: http://vz.to/1da81dp I hope that this gets us back on track ASAP. Please keep us posted on the outcome after these steps have been performed.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes