Why does music now skip on my Ellipsis 7 since Verizon's Latest Update?
GlassMan089

It is very silly that Verizon pushes an update on you tirelessly for weeks and when you agree to allow the update your Tablet quits playing music without an annoying skip.  Verizon, why does music now skip on my Ellipsis 7 since the latest OS Update to 4.4.2?  I have already done a hard reset and reloaded all apps and no luck, still skipping on both local mp3s and streamed music from Pandora.  Seems that Verizon has made some memory handling error with the latest update, 4.4.2, and now my tablet is pretty much useless for what I use(d) it for....Verizon, where do I go to get the old OS back?  If not that, how do I get compensated for this skipping tablet?

0 Likes
Re: Why does music now skip on my Ellipsis 7 since Verizon's Latest Update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Being an avid music listener myself, I can see how this would be upsetting. Where are  you listening to the music from? 
Are you listening to the music via bluetooth or a headset or straight from the tablet?
What is the signal like as the music is playing? I would like to know if it still skips as it is in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1OV1Zzd.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
aadam12

Same issue here. Music skips/stutters while streaming on apps like Pandora or Google Music even with strong 4G signal or strong WiFi signal. Occasionally same issue from locally saved music files. Does kitkat change the way music is processed?

0 Likes
Lucious28

I'm having the same problem and it's really annoying..Verizon needs to do something asap about this. I'm thinking we need to not be charged monthly for our tablets until the issue is resolved

0 Likes
Crimini77

Same problem here. This tablet worked well as my music player for Pandora, Rhapsody, and Google music. Now it is worthless.

0 Likes
herb_wx

I may as well pile on. Music skipping on Pandora and YouTube

0 Likes
alphadog82
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry to hear you are having this problem and glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue.  i have done everything mentioned in this string.  when i sent my tablet in, it was sent back saying they could not recreate the issue in their shop.  really?? i had taken it into my local store 3 times before sending it back and each time it skipped in the store, so i know it is not any connection i have at home.  it's ridiculous.  i do hope verizon tech reads these strings.  people are not happy.  get it fixed!!

0 Likes
alphadog82
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes.  skips in safe mode.  skips in any mode.  reinstall; factory reboot(twice).  all was done still does not work

0 Likes
kxanon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happens to me. Tablet is useless and that is I use it for. It makes a good $10 a month paper weight. I am considering switching to AT when my contract is up. Nothing but problems anymore with Verizon.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why not just get a reputable tablet from a known manufacturer?