Why does my ellipplis say no service?
Memj
0 Likes
Re: Why does my ellipplis say no service?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ensured that mobile data is turned on?  Have you tried reseating the SIM card?

Remove SIM Card - Verizon Ellipsis 8 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Memj

Thx for response. I took sim card out and put back in. Still says no service. However, at least now I am not getting message no sim card. And FYI: the sim card was installed by an employee at a Verizon store. As for the no service. I receive emails, read the news, etc. but I have no bars. Mobile data is turned on. So what does this message mean?

Joanne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joanne, I see that you have taken some steps with us. I wanted to ask when did this problem begin? Is the no service message only occurring in one place? May I have the zip code the problem is occurring in?

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Memj

I had to have my tablet repaired in February. I know for certain that this problem existed since then. Can't remember if it existed before that. I did mention that after following instructions to reinsert Sim card, I no longer got the message NO SIM CARD. And I did tell you the Sim card was installed by the employee at a Verizon store.

My zip code is 93532. And I have terrible cell reception. Text messages sent from the bedroom usually fail. I sometimes have to stand at the patio door to speak on the phone. This is so bad. I switched from AT&T to Verizon because AT&T was bad. Before that I had Sprint and had NO Service. Now it seems that Verizon is no better even tho the ads say they are the best. I have 7 mos left on my contract. Not that I have anyplace else to go.

Joanne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aside from the tablet saying 'no service', are there any issues with it's function?

NoahS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DinDin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem...was told at the Verizon store that my tablet is "old" and that my sim card reader is "blown". I ordered a new tablet, but I will be royally ticked off if the real problem turns out to just be the sim card itself! Because the tablet works well otherwise!

0 Likes
Memj

I too hope you haven't been taken. My experiences with Verizon store employees has been so horrendous that I would not trust a word any of them say. My tablet isn't old. In fact I am still paying for it. I had to have it repaired under the one year warranty and after that had trouble with the sim card. Verizon Employee suggested I get a new one because it was better and not because it didn't work. Then I would be paying for TWO tablets. Smart! I had planned on writing to Verizon Corporate Office regarding my first horror story, but hadn't done it. After hearing your story, maybe it is time I did that. Verizon employees need training and a dose of integrity. They will tell you anything to make a sale.

Joanne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Memj, this is not at all the perception we want you to have of us and our company. We do believe integrity is at the core of who we are and we are very sad that you feel this way about us. I do want to help get this turned around for you. You mentioned earlier that now your device doesn't say no service but rather has no signal bars. Do you see LTE/4G or 3G by where the signal should appear? If so which one? I did look at the zip code you gave us earlier and it looks good. Does this happen when you are outside of your home as well?

AdrienneP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes