Why doesn't my Ellipsis 8 display notifications?
Cindy3321

My brand new Ellipsis 8 won't display any notifications from any apps; not email, Twitter, Facebook, nothing. The notification sounds work but nothing shows up on the notification tray. Do I have a defective device?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Isn't the Ellipsis 8 supposed to display notifications? My 7 did but the 8 doesn't.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cindy3321, we want to ensure you're able to see those notifications on your display's status bar. I can definitely assist you with this. With the Ellipsis 8, the Lollipop OS runs a bit differently that it did on the 7's Jellybean and Kitkat OSs. You actually will enable notifications in the Sound & Notification option found under Settings. Then, towards the bottom of the screen you will have your Notifications. You can choose for Notifications to be shown when the screen is locked or not at all. You can also customize notifications per application using the 'App notifications' option and you can click on it to get a listing of your apps and choose how each one will show on your screen (such as Allow peeking for Facebook and Twitter. Some applications will have their own App settings that will allow you to choose how your notifications will appear on the display.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Isn't the Ellipsis 8 supposed to display notifications? My 7 did but the 8 doesn't.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cindy3321, we want to ensure you're able to see those notifications on your display's status bar. I can definitely assist you with this. With the Ellipsis 8, the Lollipop OS runs a bit differently that it did on the 7's Jellybean and Kitkat OSs. You actually will enable notifications in the Sound & Notification option found under Settings. Then, towards the bottom of the screen you will have your Notifications. You can choose for Notifications to be shown when the screen is locked or not at all. You can also customize notifications per application using the 'App notifications' option and you can click on it to get a listing of your apps and choose how each one will show on your screen (such as Allow peeking for Facebook and Twitter. Some applications will have their own App settings that will allow you to choose how your notifications will appear on the display.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes