Why doesn't the warranty cover water damage?
vawoman

I recently purchased an ellipse 8 and had taken it to an aquarium to take some photos while there with my son. spending all day inside of here caused the tablet to absorb moisture. Now Verizon will not replace or repair the tablet due to water damage. I think it is unfair to customers to not make them fully aware of this.  I have been a loyal customer to Verizon for 9 years and do not appreciate the fact that after all these years of continued service and use them for all my needs, that they cannot take a tablet that I  paid for and replace or repair it as new due to fact of knowing that was not due to my letting water inside but absorbing moisture from the aquarium.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to post a complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
vawoman,

I would first like to start by saying how much we appreciate all of the years you have been with us. This is a terrible thing to hear about with your tablet. You always have a one year manufacture warranty on any of the devices your purchase. However, if there is any type of physical damage to the device it would void out the warranty. Physical damage includes water, cracks, corrosion etc. This is when Asurion (the insurance) department would step in to replace the device. We do apologize for any inconviences.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
vawoman,

I would first like to start by saying how much we appreciate all of the years you have been with us. This is a terrible thing to hear about with your tablet. You always have a one year manufacture warranty on any of the devices your purchase. However, if there is any type of physical damage to the device it would void out the warranty. Physical damage includes water, cracks, corrosion etc. This is when Asurion (the insurance) department would step in to replace the device. We do apologize for any inconviences.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's no different than if you left it sitting in the sun and it got hot enough to warp.  Environmental conditions constitute accidental damage, which is covered under insurance, not warranty.  You don't have to drop the tablet into the sun for it to become damaged, same here...except with water.

0 Likes
vawoman

I feel the warranty should have covered if not the insurance, how was a person to know that an aquarium would cause the tablet to draw moisture. The tablet is working but the display is distorted. Why should I as a paying customer to Verizon settle for anything but the best. They want good money from us so what is good money to me if it be so then why should I feel that under the circumstances that I should pay for services not rendered.

0 Likes
SinDaddy69

Try placing the tablet in a container of plain,white rice for 24 hours. The rice will absorb the moisture. I hope it helps.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It isn't going to turn out like you want.

0 Likes