Why won't Kit Kat Upgrade on Ellipses not allow files to be tranfered to SD Card
brewzer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 16 GB SD card installed in my Ellipses 7 Tablet.  I had no problem copying picture or video files over to the SD card to keep the on board memory free.  Now with this Kit Kat upgrade I cannot move these files.  I get errors.  I'm using both ES File Explorer and X-plore file manager and neither will work. I can create a folder so I know I'm writing but can't copy files.  I've reformatted the SD card and tried everything else I can.  I have read this is prevented in Kit Kat.  I would not have upgraded had I known however I have an LG G3 with Kit Kat and have no problem copying files.  Neither the G3 or the tablet are rooted.  If it's Kit Kat why is it working on my G3 and not the Ellipses.  If it is Kit Kat, Is there a work around?

Re: Why won't Kit Kat Upgrade on Ellipses not allow files to be tranfered to SD Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brewzer, thank you for brining this to our attention. I want to make sure that we are able to keep some memory space on your tablet. Can you please describe to me what kind of errors you get when you try to move the pictures or videos over to the SD Card? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why won't Kit Kat Upgrade on Ellipses not allow files to be tranfered to SD Card
feeleejames
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I'm using an app called Moon Reader & I download books & was ablr save them on my SD card until the update. The error message say open failed: EACCES (Permission denied).

0 Likes
Not applicable

kit kat doesn't allow moving apps to SD card.

0 Likes
Cindyc67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't even give you an option to move anything to your memory card. Please advise on this problem. What use is it to have gotten a 30gb card if I cant use it?