Why won't my Elavon Credit Card Reader work on my Ellipsis 8?
Jacatwood

I recently purchased a mag tek device to swipe credit cards on my Ellipsis 8.  It was purchased through Elavon and utilizing the Virtual Merchant Mobile app.

When the device did not work on the Ellipsis 8 we tried it on my LG3 phone and it worked perfectly.

Does anyone know why it;s not working on the tablet?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Elavon Credit Card Reader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use connected accessories to your device are a good thing. Some accessories aren't always compatible however to every device. Have you checked with Elavon to see if they have a device compatibility chart? You may also want to check their device specifications as they may require a tablet or phone device to support a certain level of encryption and security in order for their reader to work. For example, most credit card readers will only support a NFC enabled device since it offers an extra layer of security when communicating with other NFC devices. Your LG G3 has NFC but the Ellipsis 8 does not.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Elavon Credit Card Reader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use connected accessories to your device are a good thing. Some accessories aren't always compatible however to every device. Have you checked with Elavon to see if they have a device compatibility chart? You may also want to check their device specifications as they may require a tablet or phone device to support a certain level of encryption and security in order for their reader to work. For example, most credit card readers will only support a NFC enabled device since it offers an extra layer of security when communicating with other NFC devices. Your LG G3 has NFC but the Ellipsis 8 does not.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes