Why won't my Verizon Ellipsis 7 sync with MS Outlook or Hotmail?
Torp

On November 5th the auto sync of email to the outlook app on the ellipsis 7 stopped working.

have check to see if the software is uptodate; it is.

have checked the settings, as far as I know them, to ensure they are set;  they are.

have tried a manual "force" sync;   still not accessing nor downloading mail.

Did notice that MS has morphed their outlook into Outlook 365 that apparently displays as Outlook (preview) until, as I understand, you are forced to buy 365 to get out of preview.

does this have anything to do with the sync failing or is there something else that needs to be fixed?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Ellipsis 7 Sync with MS Outlook/hotmail stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly odd, Torp. Thanks for the screenshot. Do you know if there was any kind of update to your device, or your email app? Please try removing the email account, restart Tablet, then set up email again.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ��CorrectAAnswer�button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those were some fantastic steps to start off with, Torp. Thanks for all your efforts! Are you able to get your email to come into the tablet if you manually chose to sync? Do you know if your email account is a POP3, IMAP, or Exchange email? Have you checked out the steps at http://spr.ly/6588BuM7m as well?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Torp

MS outlook settings have SMTP & IMAP settings, while pop is turned off.

Even more bizzare is when I check the connected devices in MS Outlook settings it indicates that Ellipsis 7 Sync took place this morning and has a status of OK.  Of course no mail was downloaded (still).  There is enough space on the E7.   Is there some magic word I am forgetting as this just started happening on the 5th.

Should Pop be set to Yes?   If I set to Yes it would look like this.  Although I don't know what it means when it says it will move the messages to a special pop folder.

MSOutlookPOPSettings.jpg

0 Likes
Torp

checked the instructions with the droid and the sync email is already checked and has smart push for the frequency.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly odd, Torp. Thanks for the screenshot. Do you know if there was any kind of update to your device, or your email app? Please try removing the email account, restart Tablet, then set up email again.

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ��CorrectAAnswer�button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Torp

yes, very odd.   Removing & Reinstalling the MS Outlook app is something I don't know how to do.  Went to my technical advisors (the kids) and they are not sure how to complete it.  Thus, need specific step by step for the MS Outlook app.   In removing the App, it will not remove the emails that have already been downloaded, correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Torp,

Great question! I rely a great deal on my email too. Let's continue to dig deeper into this. We will get this fixed. If yoou remove the outlook application, your emails will nnot be deleted. Instead of removing the application, can you sign out of the email account and sign back in? Do you have any other email account on your tablet not working?

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes