Wont do software update...says cannot connect to server
TECHGUYMN90

Won't update software. Says can't connect to server.  Yet chrome works fine..

0 Likes
Re: Wont do software update...says cannot connect to server
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using wi-fi or the VzW network?  The tablet won't update over wi-fi; it has to be connected to VzW's network in order to do an update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here for support. May we ask if you can send a screen shot?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JCH55

Is there a way to update by signing into my Verizon account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's an awesome question, JCH55. We want you to have the best options on your tablet. It doesn't update through our application. Let's look into any issues together. What software version is on your device? Is it giving you an error message?

JoeL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JCH55

After doing additional research I determined that a probability have the most recent software, thanks.

Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear you're running the latest software update, JCH55. Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
firebug654

I'm having the same issue, I can see I have a older version installed,  yet I get the same error. I wonder if it's being blocked because the tablet isn't connecting to the account anymore. I canceled the line and only use it on wifi.

0 Likes
dnagiles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not need to pay $10 per month for the line on my Ellipsis 8 since I have cell phone and computer.  Now it says it won't connect to server for an update even though it is connected to wifi.  Any suggestions?  This is happening after over a year of not using because it would not charge up.  Looking at this forum, I discovered it would charge if connected to my computer rather than corded plug.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes