adding icons to folder a challenge
chemom

How do I drop an app icon into an existing folder on the home screen?

On other Android devices I tap and drag an icon onto a folder and release to drop it in the target folder.  On the Ellipsis I feel like I am playing a game trying to get the job done.  Of I hit it just right it just drops in but this is an all too rare occasion.  What usually occurs is that the folder moves out of the way to a new location while the icon takes its position.  I find if I invoke a bit of a circular motion the target folder's icon turns blue around the perimeter and accepts the drop if I release before it changes back.

A really good feature for a Chase the Time Portal but I'm just trying to organize my icons and get some work done.

0 Likes
Re: adding icons to folder a challenge
Snn5
Legend

You're doing it the right way, but I have noticed on several devices that I have to hold and hover the icon onto the "opened" folder just a bit longer to get an icon to drop into the folder.

0 Likes
chemom

Thanks.  That would be alright if the folder wasn't a moving target.  😞

Is this a feature of tablets in general or just this one?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Some may say otherwise, but I have heard of a lot of little quirks like this about the Ellipsis line-up.  But no, doubtful you find issues like this with Samsung and Nexus tabs.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi chemom,

Thank you for your feedback. Yours was the first report we received about this experience but we are able to see what you are describing and now will be working to improve the experience via a software update. In the meantime, as you have described, the file will be accepted when the blue ring is triggered. Thank you again.

0 Likes