charging and touchy power connection
MORNRILL

I am not actually sure of the model of my ellipsis, it is about 2 years old. charging port has been very touchy, have to ywist the connector just so and dont even breathe on it. frequently it still fails to charge overnight. if it drains to zero, i cant even tell if i have achieved the power connection. can anything be done?

0 Likes
Re: charging and touchy power connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MORNRILL-

Having your tablet to charge as it should is very important. Have you tried a brand new charger? Does the tablet have any physical/liquid damage?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TURBO88COUPE

Those Ellipsis 7 tablets have nothing but problems with the charging ports on them. Don't matter how many new USB charger wires you buy it still won't charge the tablet.

I bought my mom one for Christmas maybe 2 years ago. She is over 70 and she doesn't take it anywhere she just used it at her home. So I know she took very good care of it, it still looks new to this day. But the charger port is acting up again and don't want to charge it at all.  When I say acting up again it's because it quit charging like 5 months ago. I called Verizon customer service and told them what was going on, they told me to sendo it in and they'd see what's wrong with it.  They said they put a new mother board in it and something else,  I don't know if it was new or not, ya never know. But anyways when I got it back I gave it to my mom again and she tried charging it and it took for ever to take a charge. Just before 2016 Christmas my mom called and said the stupid thing wasn't charging again. 

YES SHE HAD NEW USB CHARGING CABLES.    So now I have it again and it doesn't want to take a charge at all.  I've been doing some research online about the Ellipsis 7 tablet, I'm not the only one who's been having problems with it not charging there is 1000'something of people that have the same problem with this tablet.  I think and feel that Verizon needs to do a RECALL on all of the Ellipsis 7 tablets.

It's not right you pay good money for something and it doesn't even last that long.  Maybe I should get a hold of the BBB and let them know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We want to make sure you are able to charge the tablet. Does it have any physical or water damage? Also, in order to see if the device is still under warranty, we would need to take a look at your account, or the account it is attached to. Please meet us in a Private Message in Facebook to continue to your account. We understand that a new charging cable is being used. Is the base of the charger (wall charger) also new? Have you tried a different charger?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes